Who gets Pemphigus Vulgaris ?
– Causes are
1) Genetic Susciptibility:
- Individuals with HLA-DRB/*402, 1401/04 , DAB/*503 are susceptible to develop PV
- Chase with DRB/*0102, 0404 are susceptible to develop PF
2) Ethnic Groups :
- Jeues are more commonly affected than non-jeues. In India demo Gujrat and Assam are more vulnerable to develop disease.
3) 1st degree relatives of Pemphigus patients
4) Environmental Factors:
- Sunlight exposure ueoesens the disease
- Exposure to pesticides, goods that contain thials, phenols and polyphenolic compounds like tannis
- consumption of goods containing thiols like garlic and onion.
- Autoantibodies are directed against antigens located in epidermis(Desmosomes)
- Desmosomes are disreupted cells become rounded and seprate.