Incidence of Pemphigus Vulgaris ?
- The Incidence of Pemphigus in India is 0.09% to 1.8% amoung outpatient dermatology attendees. out of which 75% to 9% patients have been diagnosed as Pemphigus Vulgaris.
- Both sexes are equally affected.
- In India, Pemphigus occur in a younger age group as compared to western countries.
- It is commonly found in 3rd and 4th decades.
- It is not hereditary but there are susceptibility genes (antigenes of MHC class II).
- It is more common in Ashkenazi Jaues and Japanese.
- The incidence of PV in Tunisia is approx 2.5 cases/million/year, while in France, it is 1.3 causes/million/year